1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

In memory of Paul Davis, here are the great singer songwriters of the 70s,

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by 93Devil, Apr 27, 2008.

1. Government is religion?
    Wowser.
    This will be fun.

2. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Putting the idiotic attempt at politics aside (I don't think the left would be philosophically opposed to the Billboard charts furthering a religion), I had never heard Sr. Mead before. Catchy tune, makes me wanna rock out with...oh, never mind.

3. dooley_womack1

What did Japan do to deserve Albert Hammond? I wouldn't even foist him off on Beat Club or Top of the Pops.

And Ms. Birkin likey the nudity.

4. dooley_womack1

And I know I'm pulling a Cowbellian run, but my contribution, part of the Dutch wave of pop schmaltzitude of the early 1970s.

5. The Left -- back when it was around and very noisy and actually, you know, Left -- never complained about Soeur Sourire, or Ocean, on any other of the Jeebus stuff that filtered into the Top 40. Nobody I knew ever complained about Presence Of The Lord (Blind Faith), largely because Clapton's wah-wah solo on that track could melt titanium, or about the spiritual stuff Hendrix was mucking around with at the end, or about Helen Mead, whom I barely remembered. Some of it sucked, not because it was religious, but because it was really bad music.
    Much like this, to get us back on topic:

6. ifilus

ifilus Well-Known Member

Not to mention:

[​IMG]

And:

[​IMG]

7. dooley_womack1

Damn, Fen, at least get one of the group itself doing the song:

8. I was trying to spare people the horror, dools, but it's clear there's no turning back now.

9. dooley_womack1

Man, that was pretty much a metaphorical Hiroshima.

10. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Shut your piehole, Tony. I'm liberal and I dig Ocean! :D

Here's an amateurish tribute!

11. Back in the day, the other folks in my Bakuninite cell and I used to get all stoned on Magic Leftist Juice and use this to get prepared for another day of destroying family values, hating Amerikka, and sticking it to The Man.

12. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

That song does not suck.

This song does. (If you're not stoned to the Bejesus belt that is)

Draft saved Draft deleted