1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

In Maryland, 63 in a 65 is speeding

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Batman, Mar 13, 2013.

1. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

If you willingly choose to drive daily in Northern Virginia, just go ahead and get the lobotomy you deserve.

2. Tom Petty

Tom Petty New Member

you people defending this shit can go fuck yourselves, cause you are the assholes who drive in the left lanes, two miles and hour under the limit laughing to yourselves muttering: "fuck you. i'm *almost driving the limit. you guys can go fuck yourselves."

it's also against the law, at least on the west coast, to impede traffic, no matter how fast you're going. it's people such as yourselves who create road rage because of your pious asshattery ... and i hope some asshole driving 110 fucking runs into you one day.

3. JR

JR Well-Known Member

For the umpteenth time, the rule is simple: KEEP RIGHT EXCEPT TO PASS. Not sure why this is a difficult concept.

And the prevailing speed limit is also based on the traffic flow and conditions.

It always kills me to see some doofus, almost always in a SUV, driving 100 kph (the speed limit here) in a snow storm when the speed limit, based on the weather is probably 70kph.

And of course they're the ones who end up in the ditch.

And to those who are afraid to drive in the right hand lane because of merging traffic or a disappearing lane, maybe find an alternate route. You don't know how to drive.

4. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

I generally drive 10 mph over, but the guy who hits me going 100 mph is much more dangerous than the little old lady going 2 fucking mph under the limit. And it's people like you, who feel entitled to drive 95 mph, who cause death and destruction on the highways. I am a very courteous and aware driver (aren't we all?), but I don't get road rage nearly as much as I used to. A lot of people are stupid or ignorant. It's a fact of life I have come to grips with.

5. Tom Petty

Tom Petty New Member

meh, i drive 10 over and then move the fuck over after i pass.

6. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

Me too. But they aren't all as smart or as courteous as we are. :)

7. JR

JR Well-Known Member

And you, my friend, know how to drive. :)

8. Tom Petty

Tom Petty New Member

ha. you know guys, it isn't even about being courteous. i just hate having somebody ride my ass, and the fast lane is made for people going, well, faster than the next guy. it just seems like an easy thing to pull off. not sure why some asshole feels the need to camp in the left lane while penning people in.

9. BDC99

BDC99 Well-Known Member

I don't know that many of the people are being assholes. They are just oblivious to their surroundings or aren't aware of the rules of the road. I honestly was driving for a year or two before I learned that you should stay to the right except when passing. And I only learned because a family member told me. Never took Driver's Ed or driving lessons, so I just passed my tests from reading the info the state provided. I don't recall reading that part in their literature. Of course, being 16, I might not have read all the literature.

10. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

You know, sometimes you get caught in the left lane when you didn't mean to. Maybe you're making a pass and then something causes you to have to slow down. Perhaps some fuckstick driving up behind you 30 MPH over the fucking legal limit and then passing you on the right. You're going to dial it back a bit to gather yourself. It happens. Unfortunately, you might wind up costing some other shithead two to three microseconds on his way to his destination. Hey, it's a cruel world.

You know, it's actually possible that there are people who get caught in left lanes who aren't, you know, evil. Of course, those folks aren't nearly the perfectly expert drivers everyone on this board appears to be, but surely not measuring up to the board shouldn't necessarily be a ticketable offense.

11. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

Oblivious and unaware of their surroundings. Ya, that's not dangerous on a fucking highway.

12. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

I agree that you move over to the right whenever you can.

But what pisses me off is when its obvious I'm already passing somebody slower than me in the right lane (like a semi-truck or trucks) and then some dick comes up behind me at 90 MPH and flashes his lights anyway.

Deepest circle of hell for those assholes.

Draft saved Draft deleted