1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

In Maryland, 63 in a 65 is speeding

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Batman, Mar 13, 2013.

1. Uncle.Ruckus

Uncle.Ruckus Guest

Ace and Sonner can go fuck themselves.

Creosote is OK.

2. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

You better rethink that statement, motherfucker.

3. Monday Morning Sportswriter

Monday Morning Sportswriter Well-Known Member

I do some driving, and there are some roads, grades and situations where you're simply not going to get the truck over 55. Mine has a governor anyway, so I can't even get over 65. I stay in the right lane and hope for the best.

4. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Never been to Florida or Ohio have you?

And 63 in a 65 while in the left-hand lane, known as the "passing" lane is a "disrupting the flow of traffic" violation. Period. We all learned it in driving school. Every fucking state has a fucking sign that says "Slower traffic, keep right." This isn't even a debate.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  5. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

63 in a 65 in the left lane is annoying, to me, but not ticketable.

35 in a 55 on a two-lane highway with your turn signal blinking for ten miles should be a mandatory five-year prison term.

6. Monday Morning Sportswriter

Monday Morning Sportswriter Well-Known Member

And echoing Bruce Leroy, SHE WASN'T TICKETED FOR GOING TOO SLOW.

Wish the reporter had half of a clue and that the rest of you would have watched the video close enough to realize that.

The anchor also said she was fined. She wasn't. She has to plead guilty or be convicted to be fined.

7. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

On a lot of highways, too, you get jackasses who merge from right-side on-ramps and refuse to even acknowledge there's a traffic flow. They hit the interstate going 70 and if anything happens to be in that lane ... well, tough shit. They'll just merge in and it's your job to deal with it.
    I drive near the speed limit (70-75 in a 70 mph zone), but often stay in the left lane for that reason. Someone comes up behind me going 90, fuck 'em. I'll get over when I can and let them by. I'm not going to drive dangerously or risk my own ticket just to appease them.

8. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

I have. Good call on Ohio. That's a top 5 state. But I've been to Florida (for vacation; never lived there) probably a dozen times and never really had an issue. I'm sure those who live there have plenty of horror stories, but my time in Florida hasn't been awful.

9. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Every fucking state also has a sign that says "Speed Limit: XX mph."
    I've never been to a state that has separate posted speed limits for the right and left lanes.

Every state gives some leeway on the speed limit. For those that know this stretch of highway, if she had been going 75 mph with a cop in sight, would she have been risking a ticket?

10. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Here's the image of the ticket. Interpret as you will...

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  11. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Note the words, "to keep right." Ticket every slap who does this. All day, every day. I find nothing more arrogant in every day driving than someone who is going to make an entire interstate conform to their whims. Every state's law is "Stay right, pass left." This isn't 'nam, Smokey. It's driving. There are rules.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  12. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Change lanes when you get to a merge point and let the merging traffic in . Once you've done this change back into the right lane. It's not that hard.

Draft saved Draft deleted