1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

In how many apartments/houses have you lived since college?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Pringle, May 13, 2011.

1. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

Since graduating college:
    1. Parent's house from May-Mid August year after graduation

2. Apartment at first job in SC (bonus points for getting thrown in with what turned out to be the world's nastiest roommate).

3. Apartment for duration of my second job, in IL. One bedroom place... rent was 350 when I arrived in town, and 400 when I left

4. Apartment for my current gig in IL. It's two bedrooms (though the bedrooms are small), for 450.

There are many reasons I haven't moved a lot. First, moving sucks. Second, I'm spoiled by the rent. Third, I'm still single, so domestic discord hasn't factored in.

2. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

1. Tiny town in Western Upper Michigan (ages 0-2)
    2. Small house in larger town (still pretty small town) in central Upper Michigan (ages 2-6)
    3. Larger house in same town (ages 6-18)
    4. Basement of honors dorm (sorry, 'terrace' of Honors 'residence hall') four years of college
    5. Upstairs bedroom of friendly retiree couple I knew in town (fall 2006 - last semester)
    ---
    (not counting a stint of about six weeks between graduating, getting the job and commuting 45 minutes one way until getting an apartment in that town)

1. Simple decent-sized one-bedroom two blocks from the office
    2. Moved to new city, got medium-sized two-bedroom three blocks from new office (sister would be student teaching in the area)
    3. Starting the move today to a smaller two-bedroom four blocks from new office with lower rent that doesn't have electric heat (a real budget killer).

Draft saved Draft deleted