1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

In-house criticism

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Hustle, Sep 29, 2008.

1. Monday Morning Sportswriter

Monday Morning Sportswriter Well-Known Member

Or if it's sent from an in-house IP address. You know how to check that, right?

If he's e-mailing you from his phony gmail account from his work station, you've got a good case.

2. TheMethod

TheMethod Member

If you merely replied with, "Thanks for the feedback. See you Monday morning," he'd probably crap his pants.

3. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Even more so if you added -- in the publisher's office.
    Nice call.

4. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

This guy crossed the line when he started sending the emails to your superiors. That's why you don't have to ignore it and should not ignore it.

5. Hustle

Hustle Guest

I figured this thing had run its course, so I was going to let it fall off the page and be done. But since it's back...

I didn't respond in any way. It was brought up in our staff meeting on Weds., and I was told to forward any further e-mails onto the EE and publisher. Apparently this isn't a one-time (or single recipient) event.

So I have my marching orders.

6. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

You will, of course, keep us posted...

Draft saved Draft deleted