1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

In-house criticism

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Hustle, Sep 29, 2008.

1. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

Well, the right answer is already in here.

2. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Or, you complain to one of his circulation buddies (or him) that you're getting these anonymous emails and it's really driving you nuts because the person doesn't have the guts to come forward.
    Then you explain to your boss.
    And that way, when he sends you the next email laughing at you about it, you're locked in with proof and have a little chat in the publishers office...

3. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Upper deck him?

4. John Taylor

John Taylor Member

You know, you'd think he'd have his hands full with that whole circulation thing, Hustle. ...

5. Keystone

Keystone Member

Knowing what I know about Hustle's shop, bingo!

6. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

Heh. No, I'm a chain-of-command guy.

Get your boss to upper-deck him.

7. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Send him a picture of your junk with his team's helmet on it.

8. The Granny

The Granny Guest

CC it to me.

9. greenlantern

greenlantern Guest

Where the fuck did your paper find your IT guys? They just don't give a shit here.

10. John Taylor

John Taylor Member

The IT guy at Hustle's shop (if it's the same one) is gauranteed to have worse on his computer

11. Drip

Drip Active Member

Hustle, I know you may have heard this before but opinions are like noses. Everyone has one. You're not going to please everyone so why worry about what some guy in circulation has to say?
    If your information is factual, and there are no glaring errors, your SE should have your back. If your SE throws you under the bus, then its time to look elsewhere for employment.
    Don't worry about. Enjoy your career and if the guy in circulation thinks you're a jerk, so what? Ask him if he doesn't like the column, why does he keep reading it?

12. rpmmutant

rpmmutant Member

Why don't you just remind him he works in the circ department and ask him how that's working out for him?

Draft saved Draft deleted