1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

In honor of the Senior Bowl ... the Wonderlic test!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by 85bears, Jan 25, 2007.

1. Mighty_Wingman

Mighty_Wingman Active Member

Deal! I can feel myself getting smarter.

2. Blitz

Blitz Active Member

I made it thru question No. 44 and I missed nine.
    (That makes me smarter than Joe Namath, I'd think)

3. grrlhack

grrlhack Member

Some of those proverbs...I think the answers are wrong! :)
    My biggest problem was losing track of my place and wasting time trying to go back and see which damn question I overlooked!

4. Trouser_Buddah

Trouser_Buddah Active Member

Proverbs got me, too. Plus I didn't answer two questions...

5. Moondoggy

Moondoggy Member

44/50
    does that mean i can play quarterback for an nfl team next season?

6. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Did you give yourself two points for the two "omit" questions?

In that case, 43/50.

7. CentralIllinoisan

CentralIllinoisan Active Member

8. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

39. I missed five of the final six.

9. Hiro

Hiro Member

I, too, did that one in my head and got it right, and I can kind of explain why (though it will basically be what the equation is above). Basically it says that if there were 20 pages there would be just the right amount of space for large type (20x1,200=24,000). You have three fewer pages than that though, meaning three pages of large type are hanging off the end (3x1,200=3600 extra words). Each page of small type is 300 words off that 3600 hanging off the end since every page of small type puts an extra 300 on that page. So 3,600 (large type words hanging off the end)/300 (words made up per small type page)=12 pages of small type to "suck in" all those large-type words printed on pages you don't have.

But this is a person who adds 36 and 17 in his head by first subtracting five ... so, grain of salt.

Edit: forgot my score ... 40/48. There are a few I would argue, but the players don't get to argue so neither do I. (Even though I always thought of "A friend in need is a friend indeed" to be negative, as in they're indeed your friend when they need you, while the other one was positive about friendship. Whatever.)

Draft saved Draft deleted