1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

In honor of the Senior Bowl ... the Wonderlic test!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by 85bears, Jan 25, 2007.

1. BTW, I forgot to put the part about me being a genius in sarcasm font (what was it again?). Just read it that way.
    And I don't mean to imply Vince Young is Norman Einstein (funny quote reference), but I don't think anyone who has the success he has had on the football field can really be as dumb as his test scores would indicate, either.

2. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Had no idea how to set it up.

But I'm pretty good at getting around that and finding the right answer.

That didn't win me many points with the algebra teacher, however ("BTExpress, you have to SHOW YOUR WORK")

3. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

Ugh, that line still gives me chills.

I ALWAYS got the answer right, but I still barely passed algebra -- for that very reason. "Show your work".

Fuck.

4. Angola!

Angola! Guest

I scored a 33, missing every single one of these kinds "Two of the following proverbs have similar meanings."

5. Just_An_SID

Just_An_SID Well-Known Member

I was 43 of 48 though I will debate 38 because you could arrange the words to say thunder always follows lightning, instead of their answer, Lightining always follows thunder.

I love these tests.

6. My stepfather is like that with math. He can look at a complicated formula and tell you the right answer, but have no idea how to explain it (or even to write it out).
    He also loves to tell the story of how he got credit on a test for his answer in a history class. There was some question about when a key event occurred and he couldn't remember the answer, but he knew it was on the upper left corner of page 214 of the text book. The teacher gave him credit for writing that.

7. Kritter47

Kritter47 Member

Thunder doesn't technically follow lightning though. They happen at the same time. We just have them get to our brains at different times because of the difference in the speed of light vs. the speed of sound.

</sciencedork>

8. I thought the same thing at first, but "Lightning" being capitalized was the clue to start with that word.

9. terrier

terrier Well-Known Member

Knocked out a 38. Guess I'm no Pat McInally.

10. Norman Stansfield

Norman Stansfield Active Member

35. I got into journalism because I suck at math.

11. 46. I wonder what Craig Krenzel got.

Draft saved Draft deleted