1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

In honor of the Senior Bowl ... the Wonderlic test!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by 85bears, Jan 25, 2007.

1. 42/48

I missed Nos. 30, 34, 37, 40, 48 and 50.

2. John

John Well-Known Member

What's the deal with No. 44?

3. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

Got 38, but it really ramps up at the end.

4. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

5. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

These scores are going to seriously fuck up the mock drafts ...

6. Pringle

Pringle Active Member

And, oh, is it any wonder that a lot of sports writers get very frustrated and disillusioned having to interview morons their entire career? In all seriousness - I can see where it can feel seriously demeaning after a while to be belittled or blown off by idiots who aren't half as intelligent as you, but to be compelled to document their every half-baked thought for an adoring public.

I don't think the disconnect is the money they make. I think the disconnect is right here.

7. Mighty_Wingman

Mighty_Wingman Active Member

41 of 48. Not bad. And I suck at math.

And I don't know too many people who are "frustrated and disillusioned having to interview morons their entire career."

If anything, I think the athletes I've been around are smarter than the stereotypes. There are a lot more intelligent, insightful people on the teams I cover than there are in my paper's mail room, for example.

8. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

35 of 50. Yup, it got tough near the end.

I'll be placing my order in no time, if only because I'm a big fan. :D

[​IMG]

9. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Needed a little time to figure out No. 49. But ran out.

My answer on No. 46 was 1/16th (which is the same as .0625, but didn't have time to compute to the decimal). Don't know if they would have held that against me or not.

I swear, I should have been an accountant. In every test like this (ACT, SAT, Wonderlic) I destroy the math portion and don't do nearly as well with the words. A couple of the word questions I got right were guesses.

10. joe

joe Active Member

I'd really rather not say. :'(

11. 44. I guess I'm a friggin' genius.
    Actually, I think a key to a lot of these kinds of tests is to read the question carefully, put down the answer as soon as it pops into your head, and to skip the ones you can't solve quickly.
    You have to think if the stories of Vince Young scoring an eight or whatever are true, it's not because he's the dumbest person ever, it's because he spent WAY too much time on an early one and didn't get a crack at some of the other easier ones.

12. Kritter47

Kritter47 Member

43/48. Missed 49 (no time), 48, 47, 42 and 32.

I could do 49 if I'd had time to bust out the pencil and paper to do old algebra. I know how to set it up (1,200x + 1,500 y = 24,000; x+y = 17, y=17-x, 1,200x + 1,500(17-x) = 2,400).

But alas, I can no longer to math that quickly.

Draft saved Draft deleted