1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

In honor of its re-release in 3D, Lindy West rewatches Titanic; Hilarity ensues

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Double Down, Apr 3, 2012.

1. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

You may remember Lindy West from her epic review of Sex and The City 2: Menopausal Boogaloo. Probably the most appropriate scathing movie review written in years.

Well, now she's working for Jezebel, and decided to re-watch Titanic for the first time in 10 years. If you like a little snark, it's worth your time.

http://jezebel.com/5898432/i-re+watched-titanic-so-you-dont-have-to-youre-welcome

2. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

I think she's filled in for Magary on a couple funbags recently. And by recently, I mean the past year or so.

Also, that Titanic review is great.

3. How could she not snark on Bill Paxton's sea captain sweaters? My favorite line:

Albert Brooks was the king of snark when he pointed out how bad the writing was based upon how often the characters had to say each other's names. You can never watch the movie the same again

Wang

4. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

I have never seen the movie. But, by Tebow, I loved that snarky review.

5. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

6. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

I know it's hip to slag Titanic, but I rather liked it. Very visceral.

7. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

I just clicked on the link, and I'll get to reading it shortly, but holy shit is that photo/headline hilarious. Although I'm sure the photographer is bent that some asshole put text on his artwork. :)

8. Gehrig

Gehrig Active Member

I enjoyed Titanic, too.

9. Brian

Brian Well-Known Member

I've never watched the first half of the movie.

I always just skip ahead to the boat hitting the iceberg. Shaves a good hour and a half off the film and I get to see the cool stuff Cameron did to get the boat to sink.

10. dooley_womack1

Mere snark. But very readable mere snark.

11. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

That was good, although she was one use of "hella" away from me going iceberg all over my keyboard.

My favorite line:

12. dooley_womack1

(spoiler: the boat is a chick with a cock)

Draft saved Draft deleted