1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

In honor of Chef, another self-surgery thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Batman, May 1, 2008.

1. Norman Stansfield

Norman Stansfield Active Member

Lemon pudding?

2. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Better than a big bowl of chocolate pudding in my underpants.

3. Norman Stansfield

Not necessarily...

4. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I'll tell you what, my friend. The next time I poop in my pants -- and it'll happen again -- I'll post a thread about it and live blog my clean-up. Deal?

5. Norman Stansfield

I must have missed the first time you crapped your knickers. Dammit.

6. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I've never discussed it here, though I would if I thought it had a chance of lasting more than a few hours.

7. Chef

Chef Active Member

Still attached.

Next?

8. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

I sure felt like I had one after the trip to the hospital. I cut my finger while taking a hand saw out of the package. I'm running cold water over the cut, and my first impression was my finger was sawed halfway through. There were two cuts, one from each part of the blade. The flesh was jagged and there was a nice amount of blood, and the cut was about a half-inch across.
    I panicked and drove myself to the hospital, basically with one hand. Once we unwrapped the paper towel from my finger, they said, "Well, that's not too bad. We can probably glue it back together."
    Made me feel like a total pussy. Taking the stitches out myself will, hopefully, make up for it.

Oddly, this is also only the second time I've had stitches. Last time was when I was about 6 (when I also got two stitches). Never been stung by a bee or wasp, either. I've lived a charmed life.

9. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

rest easy, my friend. ball stitches don't count.

10. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Update: The stitches are out. Only took 15 minutes, a pair of tweezers and a little patience. Finger smarts a little since the skin scabbed over around the stitches, and pulling them disrupted the scabs a bit, but on the whole it's a lot better. Wrapped it up good for today with some of the leftover gauze and bandage, and it should be fine by tomorrow. Thanks, everybody.

11. westcoastvol

westcoastvol Active Member

You know, watching "Lost" last night made me think of Chef.

I had some trouble explaining my howls of laughter in the middle of a crucial scene amongst my friends.

12. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

good. now have someone kiss that boo-boo for you.

Draft saved Draft deleted