1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

In case you were wondering, Lou Piniella has apologized to Milton Bradley

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Starman, Jun 27, 2009.

1. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

Milton Bradley is a child and deserves to be treated as such.

2. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

In the hothead category, Lou Piniella will never have any moral high ground on Milton Bradley.

3. BYH

BYH Active Member

I guess you're right, since Milton didn't kill him, but you gotta admit, if you're listing the top five MLBers likely to kill someone, Milton makes it with ease.

4. MacDaddy

MacDaddy Active Member

Let's not forget hat kicking.

5. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

Whack Job?

Do you know how many Chutes and Ladders Milton Bradley has had to overcome in his career? To him, baseball is not a Trivial Pursuit. All he wants is for his teammates and manager to be on the same Battleship with him, following the same Stratego, playing like a bunch of Hungry Hungry Hippos. He may not have a Monopoly on this, but it absolutely Boggle(s) the mind that Pinella did something he needed to say "I'm Sorry!" for.

Milton Bradley can be an asset, especially to a Bargain Hunter team like the Cubs.

:D ;D ;D ;D ;D :p :p :p :p :p

In all seriousness . . . going into the season, I thought the Cubs, on paper, looked like a World Series contender. But they blew it when they signed Bradley. They willfully invited another year of "curse."

(and I know many of those games were Parker Brothers)

6. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

So it was groan-worthy on a pun level and an accuracy level.

7. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

That's Uno way to look at it.

8. No, he's trying to teach Bradley that, "THERE'S NO CRYING IN BASEBALL!!!!!!"

After all, as Jimmy Duggan pointed out ...

"Rogers Hornsby was my manager, and he called me a worthless pile of pig shit. And that was when my parents drove in from Michigan to see me play the game. But did I cry? NO!!! And you know why? THERE'S NO CRYING IN BASEBALL!!!! NO CRYING!!!!!" ;D ;D ;D

Draft saved Draft deleted