1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

In case you were wondering, Lou Piniella has apologized to Milton Bradley

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Starman, Jun 27, 2009.

1. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

I've known Lou for decades. If he apologized, then in his own judgment he was in the wrong. Starman, com'on. You think Lou Piniella would eat shit for some weird corporate reason? Look at the man's record.

2. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

One of the biggest problems in our society is that the aberrant and socially maladjusted are coddled, enabled and tolerated. Thus we end up with Milton Bradleys, Rasheed Wallaces and Pacman Joneses.

Maybe if somebody told Milton Bradley about 20 years ago that a, he was a piece of shit, and b, his shit wasn't going to be tolerated any more (and made it stick) he would have quit dishing it out.

3. duckncover

duckncover Member

Now I can play Monopoly again!

4. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

Buried in the Chicago Tribune story on the dustup was this gem from Bradley:

Uh, OK, Milton.

As a Cubs fan at work said, that Gatorade cooler was about the hardest Bradley's hit anything all season.

5. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

He didn't jump on Zambrano because he knows Carlos would kill him.

6. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

I know it's just a random snippet of a postgame interview, but it appeared to me Bradley seemed pretty contrite after the game today.

7. Colton

Colton Active Member

Bradley's act was old when he was here in Cleveland.

Now, he sucks, too.

8. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

Dooley, I thought Larry Brown only teachers players how to play "the right way". Lou teaches players how to pull bases from the ground and chuck them.

9. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

Bradley needs an intervention or electroshock therapy, not to be sent home from skool.

10. PopeDirkBenedict

PopeDirkBenedict Active Member

Yes, the solution to all of the world's problems is to act like Bobby Knight. ::)

11. Some Guy

Some Guy Active Member

I'm wondering if Lou called Zambrano a piece of shit for doing the exact same thing last month?

This whole thing --- the blowup, and the apology -- was completely orchestrated by Lou. He chose to make an example of Milton, when he could have made an example of Zambrano or Soriano (who is playing worse) ... He chose Milton, made his point ... then went softie the next day to smooth things over. Classic psychology. Tear them down, then build them back up.

If he wanted any shot at getting anything out of Bradley for the rest of the year -- and wanted to avoid Bradley going super-cancer in the clubhouse -- he had to do it.

I understand your almost irrational hatred of Bradley, but what good would it have done anybody in the Cubs organzation to let him fester for the rest of the season?

12. Editude

Editude Active Member

Grownups take people aside to call them a piece of shit.

Draft saved Draft deleted