1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

In case you thought racism was dead ...

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by jr/shotglass, Mar 17, 2014.

1. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Again, with the idiots burying a thread in politics, and of course tony is leading the way. No fucking way this thread should have turned into a debate about why people don't like Obama.

2. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Yeah, I kind of which it would have held off till I was about 60.

The added job security would have been an extra bonus. :D

3. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

And yet the thread was going along just fine with no one taking shots at anyone ... until you arrived. Strange how it always happens that way.

4. outofplace

No, it was headed down the toilet with post after post violating board policy. We really didn't need the 10,000th thread polluted with your butthurt over the results of the last presidential election, tony.

5. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

And SportsJournalists.com.

6. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Uh huh. ::)

7. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Speaking of butthurt…

8. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Shall we say that no thread started by me shall include the words Obama, Democrat, Republican, conservative or liberal?

No? YF, what's your stance on that?

OK. ;)

CUE THE CHILDREN!

9. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

What do I have to do with this?

10. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

I know you don't like anyone "owning" a thread. And it's not a bad theory. So I passed it by you ...

11. outofplace

And he's almost as bad as tony with the political cheerleading. A_QB needs to work a little harder to keep up.

12. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

You keep saying dumb stuff, and I'm going to have to reassess my opinion that you're not as dumb as your posting history would suggest.

It's not that I don't "like" anyone "owning" a thread. It's a statement of fact. Like has nothing to do with it.

Look, I used to let it bother me too. But you get over it. You learn that threads have tangents. They go where people take them, and as the thread starter, you should have no expectation of controlling this. And, there's no reason to get threads "back on topic". If it's a good topic, it will generate posts.

Draft saved Draft deleted