1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

In all seriousness, can someone recommend me a political message board?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by schiezainc, Mar 22, 2010.

1. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

And now we have the next best thing to a political thread: a big/small market thread!

2. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

I intimidate those performers into singing them EXACTLY as I like. Or else.

3. dooley_womack1

Or else what? Hit them with your man-purse?

4. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

That would just result in the same crybaby bullshit of "There's a double standard. Waaaaah!" I'd love to talk politics and mock liberals on a daily basis, but it's not important enough to bitch and moan about it. And while I can't speak for Webby or the mods, I'm guessing the manufactured outrage of certain posts doesn't help the situation.

5. Moddy, I didn't say you were intimidating -- your rant was a threat though to not post on a topic or disappear. That's all I meant by being intimidating in that situation. I've never really seen you as an intimidating type through all the years I've been on and off here.

The bottom line for me is, this wasn't politics, it was NEWS. Major news that happened to include politics. That's one of the problems going on these days -- not just here, of course -- that people make everything political. Yes, this involved politics, but it was legislation being passed, not a debate over the merits of a candidate or a party.

It just seems odd having a "news" board and not being able to talk about the biggest story out there.

6. 21

21 Well-Known Member

Yeah, thanks for that. They sat in front of my house in that damn van for six months.

7. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Guess what ... you can't call me a fucking idiot!

/watching head spin

8. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

Oh, I forgot. Dools' posts are always short and meaningless.

9. dooley_womack1

THANK YOU! Good makeup call.

10. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Um, that wasn't the FBI. It was Chris_L.

11. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

It's like being intimidated by the Pillsbury Dough Boy. Or the Michelin Man.
    Or The Kool Aid Man.
    Oh yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

Oscar, I kid. I hope you know that. I feel your pain. I wish it could be another way but we've proven repeatedly that we can't discuss politics without things exploding. Webby made the correct decision to close the politics board. We tried to show some leeway with some threads - and even left one thread open after my message. Even then it didn't work.
    Maybe we'll revisit it later. Maybe not. All of us in management are sorry it has to be this way - but we're in agreement that it does.

12. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

That's cool, Moddy.

Though I think it was a valiant effort by the SportsJournalists.com liberal squad to convert the right-wingers.

Now, sadly, while we enjoy reduced-price government health insurance on their tax dime, the tea bagger crowd will be rounded up and put into Obama's re-education camps.

Draft saved Draft deleted