1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

In all seriousness, can someone recommend me a political message board?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by schiezainc, Mar 22, 2010.

1. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

I want to talk about the thing that can not be talked about here but am looking for a message board that is somewhat akin to this site in terms of maturity/ability to debate. (Ok, maybe a little more mature since there's a reason I've got to find a site in the first place).

I consider myself a bit of a liberal but love reading things from both sides so any sites you could recommend would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
  2. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

Sorry, this should be in the Anything Goes subsection. Mods, please feel free to scoot it over. Thanks.
  3. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

A political message board . . . on which discussion is mature and respectful. And where discussion doesn't automatically deteriorate into partisan ramblings. Where dissenting opinion is accepted, and people talk like adults. Where there are not loud proclamations that the OTHER party is now dead for at least the next generation after every election and/or piece of legislation . . . .

Sorry, can't help you.
  4. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

You liberals. Always looking for a handout instead of persevering, working hard and finding the site yourself.

(Sorry. Don't know of one to recommend.)
  5. RedSmithClone

RedSmithClone Active Member

try the Huffington Post ... LoL
  6. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Type political message board into a search engine and see what it gives you. Report your findings please.
  7. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  8. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

Apparently, we reporters don't know how to find things out on our own. ;)
  9. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

It's a start, although pretty much each and every discussion ends up just like the ones around here do (did?)....

10. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Hmmm. I would have guessed just the opposite. Political discussions were informed and civil and sports discussions got out of hand. JOE MAUER?? FUCK YOU YOU FUCKING CRAZY FUCKING IDIOT! JOE MAUER SUCKS AND SO DO YOU!

That kind of thing. The poor moderators over there would have to "bellow" (shout out to oscaroscaroscar) ALL RIGHT YOU A-HOLES. THAT'S ENOUGH. NO MORE SPORTS TALK OR YOUR ASS IS GONE. FIND A FUCKING SPORTS MESSAGE BOARD, HUH? OR GO TO OUR KNOCKOFF WEWANNABEPOLITICO.COM
  11. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I'm going to go there and start posting about the NCAA Tournament.
  12. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Try this one - not as balanced but engaging- You might even get to trade jibes with Charlie Daniels.

Draft saved Draft deleted