1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Imus - "Whitlock is a Fat Creep"

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Boom_70, Feb 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. andyouare?

andyouare? Guest

Wait a minute. Is Sportsbruh threatening Whitlock?
    :)

2. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

How could it be taken the wrong way? Whitlock was clear as a bell.

3. andyouare?

andyouare? Guest

Like I said (above) if you're an ignorant moron, you don't see the distinction Whitlock makes. You would use the negatives that he highlighted to support your beliefs. It was clear to you because you're not an ignorant moron. Congratulations.

4. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Imus has been dead for years. His body has been frozen next to Ted Williams since before Ted was a giant ice cube. The show just puts his cowboy hat on him for 20 hours a day, and then when he goes on the air there's a computer chip that sucks up all the carmudgeonly thoughts going on in his head and just spits it out.

5. Del_B_Vista

Del_B_Vista Active Member

That was an eye-opening column. I'd never seen that issue in that light before and I think your comparisons have validity. You can't be a milquetoast and get change. Hats off to a strong column.

6. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

These ignorant morons will always find ammunition where none was intended and Whit's column is no exception. Just because others will use it for their own purposes doesn't mean Jason shouldn't have written what he did.

Jason, I appreciate the insight you provided to all of us with that column.

7. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Whitlock is the new Howard Cosell - a man willing to take a stand on social issues that may not be popular with the masses.

8. Shaggy

Shaggy Guest

Whitlock has hit two 500-foot grand slams. I wish more journalists, me included, had such courage.

9. Oh, bullshit, Boom.
    You don't get to call someone a Tom, which is what "bojangling" is all about, and then say you're not doing that. And referring to the KKK in this context is bad writing. It's arguing like a talk-show host. And it's a crime against history.

10. FB, you don't even believe this (spit) you're spewing. Get real.

11. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Most of the time Don Imus couldn't find a clue with both eyes open, GPS turn-by-turn navigation and an air traffic controller talking him in.

12. Jesus_Muscatel

Jesus_Muscatel Well-Known Member

Powerful stuff, Jason.

In South Texas, we call it "major league jeuvos."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.