1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Imus on Fox Business

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by hacksaw2828, Mar 2, 2010.

1. hacksaw2828

hacksaw2828 Member

Just wondering what you guys think of Imus on Fox Business. It's an OK show. I caught a little bit of it this morning because I couldn't sleep. It just seems flat though as if it's missing something. Not much chemistry among the cast, especially Jenna Lee who seems totally shocked to be asked to be there. She looks very uncomfortable. I don't watch Fox much at all so I don't know what their goals are for this channel. But Imus looks out of place and out of his comfort zone. Maybe he is just doing it for the money at this point for the camp. The guest list is poor as well. But all in all, I guess he's lucky to be back in a position on a halfway decent channel. What do you guys think?
  2. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

He's still alive? Talk about another has-been living off a legend decades old.
  3. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

He's the Jamie Moyer of talk. He's lost so much off his fastball, yet he can still lob it to the plate and somehow has a job. And I was an Imus fan 15 years ago.
  4. blacktitleist

blacktitleist Member

Huge Imus fan when the simulcast first started on MSNBC and a loyal watcher up until the Rutgers thing.

Not much of a fan of the new show. It does seem disjointed, mainly because they all (Bernie, Lou) aren't in the same studio as he and Chuck and Tony.

Much better show with much better guests when it was on MSNBC. Obviously now, he has to get the Fox folks in there.

But I miss the good ole' days with Russert, Jeff Greenfield, Barnicle, David Gregory, Claire Shipman, Chip Reid, Brian Williams, Brokaw, Laura Ingraham.....

He is much more subdued now than before, and for good reason. I was really pulling for him to be back and better than ever, but that just isn't the case. I've watched it a few times, but it is nothing like it used to be.
  5. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

I'm sure he's under orders like everybody else on Faux Snooz to blather on about imminent disaster, destruction and death until the commie neegro mooslim is evicted from the White House.
  6. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

I listen more on radio but show seems sudued from what it once was.

I've noticed a few things:

- seems like they are sticking in a few more commercials
    - Bernie and Lou seem a bit tempered.
    - Does not get the range of guests that he use to. Seems like a lot of those guests gravitated to Morning Joe when Imus was on the beach.
  7. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Not funny. Not interesting. Perfect for Fox.
Draft saved Draft deleted