1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

IMUS CANNED!!

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by shockey, Apr 12, 2007.

1. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Part of what ever settlement is reached might come with some kind of non compete for a while.

2. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

Re: mad dog russo -- yikes!!

Or Mikey could go Vito on Parcells. [/homage to the Sopranos and Vito, the gay mobster] ;)

3. Rough Mix

Rough Mix Guest

Apples and oranges. ESPN and WFAN are two entirely different animals. Not even close.

Edit: How can you compare ESPN to a New York sports talk radio station?

4. RokSki

RokSki New Member

Yeah, I could see that. Which would mean some more fat $$$ for the I-Man

5. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

Okay with pulling it. NPR and PBS could go away and I wouldn't be heartbroken.

6. JackS

JackS Member

As I indicated in the other thread, that is far too simplistic of an analysis.

For example, in the case of both the suspension and the termination, CBS followed NBC. There were a lot of factors at work here. I don't deny advertising was one, but so was internal and external pressure, the character (or lack thereof) of executives, etc.

7. Boom_70

I think Les caved to Julie Chen demands because Imus and Bernie had made fun of her.

8. Anyone see Whitlock on Tucker Carlson's show? During his bashing of Sharpton and Jackson, he said Jesse should be going to Duke and apologizing to the soccer players there.

Soccer players?

9. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Boy, his firing is going to cure all that ails us. Yep, this country is clean of all its sins and wrongs now that Don Imus has been fired.

10. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

Jack, I read your post on the other thread -- you're right. It's more complex than that. But sometimes a few of the neocons need things boiled down. Sometimes the way to get the point across is to speak in their language.

11. Boom_70

Luggy - Your explanations are so simplistic you sound like a soccer mom instead of a savy member of the media.

12. There are too many threads on Imus to go back and read them all, so I'm not sure who said that would be the case.

Are you saying the country is a worse place because an old white guy got fired for calling young black women hos?

Draft saved Draft deleted