1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"Importing" apparently an NFL euphemism for "road trip prostitution"

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Steak Snabler, May 24, 2010.

1. Cousin Jeffrey

Cousin Jeffrey Active Member

The Chiefs didn't make up importing. Athletes have been doing that for decades, except before they had to do the legwork and make phone calls. A girl I knew in Chicago went out once with a nice NBA player in the early 2000s (they met cute at Rock 'n Roll McDonald's) and he told her about lists with available women in each city. When she said she didn't buy it, he replied, "I have two kids with two women. How do you think that happened?"

2. JC

JC Well-Known Member

so you think they're the only team that does this?

If you are shocked by this I'll let you in on a little secret, there is no Santa or Easter Bunny.

3. vicd

vicd Active Member

My brother, who used to work as a bellboy at the Vinoy in St. Petersburg, always mentioned the "talent" that happened to check in whenever the Red Sox or Yankees were in town.

4. vicd

vicd Active Member

Manny also "imported" a Dominican barber from Miami whenever the Red Sox were in town.

5. cyclingwriter

cyclingwriter Active Member

But groupies showing up en masse and importing are different. I worked with a guy who pitched a story before the Masters about Augusta strip clubs bringing in scores of new girls that week. His hook was interviewing disgruntled regular dancers who lost their hours during the week.

It did not make print.

6. vicd

vicd Active Member

These weren't ladies waiting in the lobby, hoping to catch a ballplayers eye.

7. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Thanks for reading the first post of the thread. The only thing that shocks me is that Bowe admitted it.

Draft saved Draft deleted