1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Important: Help plan my night!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Point of Order, Sep 29, 2006.

1. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

As a few of you know, I'm aspiring to attend law school next fall, and tomorrow is a seminal day in that process. I take the LSAT at 8:30 a.m. local time. I've gotten some great advice from family and friends on how best to prepare in these final hours. I'm trying to decide whether to:

1. Spend the few hours I have left studying and taking practice tests until bedtime (not pulling an all-nighter, mind you).
    2. Go to an early evening movie and try to get my mind off of things and relax.
    3. Work a handful of the toughest problem types and sit around watching a mediocre college football game.
    5. Post on SportsJournalists.com all night.

Any advice? Thanks.

2. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

4. Full-contact origami

3. tyler durden 71351

tyler durden 71351 Active Member

5. Get RIPPED on LSD and cheap wine.

Seriously, early movie, then practice tests before bed.

4. spaceman

spaceman Active Member

rent "Paper Chase" on DVD

5. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Read through a good book of lawyer jokes. That way if you are bombing, you can yell out lawyer jokes till they drag you away.

Best of luck. Knock 'em dead.

6. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

I'm going to give you number 4 since you omitted it. Relax. Work on a few tough problems, but relax. Have a (as in one and no more) glass of wine or beer and talk on SJ for awhile until you need go to bed. I'm sure things around here can keep your mind off of the LSAT (which I've studied for and know it's not any fun).

7. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

This is who I'M marrying. Nice.

8. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

You've got plenty of time to change your mind and with Boom in hot pursuit, who knows?

9. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

Anyone need an attorney who can't count to five? Look me up in a few years: Vincent LaGuardia Gambini. Thx for the suggestions. Prolly dinner, a quick stroll through Wal-Mart and a quiet evening home.

Edit: But just in case, what has everyone heard about "All the King's Men" is it better than its reviews?

10. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Wow, how original. :p :D

11. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

I just spit lemonade on my screen. Nice. :D

12. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Definitely stay up all night boozing.

Also, while taking the test, tell the proctor you require cakes and ale.

Draft saved Draft deleted