1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Important Election In Cleveland Tuesday

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Fenian_Bastard, Mar 3, 2008.

1. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

Isn't Ron Paul in real danger of losing the primary in his Texas district?

2. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Kucinich will not lose. I live in his district, went to college, worked on the school newspaper, and am still casual acquaintances with his main challenger, Joe Cimperman. I will vote for Joe. The PD and most other media outlets are endorsing Joe. The PD also endorsed whoever Kucinich's main competitor was last time around. They want him out. They haven't succeeded. In a way I like Kucinich because he doen't take any of the crap the establishment tries to feed everyone. Whether he gets anything done or not or just prattles on about things is the questin.

Still, Kucinich will win. The polling shows him with a sizeable advantage. He's too embedded in this district. Joe has made a name for himself as a Cleveland City Councilman over the last decade, but is a relative newcomer to voters regionwide. The field is diluted with several other known candidates, one of whom admits he won't win and is widely considered as running as a favor to Kucinich merely to split the Cimperman vote.

Joe is a formidable foe, but I think he has the same chance as the Cavs did against the Spurs in the NBA Finals. Joe's best chance is that the young voters come out en masse to vote for Obama, and go along with the other young, new guy for Congress.

3. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Kucinich winning handily; he has more than his four competitors combined with about 25,000 votes in.

4. Elizabeth wins!

5. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

A triumph for voyeurs, everywhere.

6. It struck me that this thread was somewhat useless.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
Draft saved Draft deleted