1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Impeachment Off The Table?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Fenian_Bastard, Nov 14, 2007.

1. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

That did it the last time.

2. No, zeke, that was about serious crimes against the state. NO MAN IS ABOVE THE LAW! RULE OF LAW! RULE OF LAW!

3. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Oh, well, then, that's a horse of a different color entirely.

Rule of law.

4. In Exile

In Exile Member

I'm not in favor of impeachment, but I'm a huge fan of "Wrath of God"-like instant karmic retribution.

5. [​IMG]

Mr. Gutenberg hates me.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  6. D-Backs Hack

D-Backs Hack Guest

And in recent months, we've been treated to in-depth news analysis of John Edwards' haircuts, Barack Obama's middle name, Hillary Clinton's cleavage and the way she laughs and claps. (Funny how the media obsession on such trivial matters happens almost exclusively to Democrats, but I won't politicize this post.)

Read your daily paper. Watch network and cable news. In November 2008, you come back and tell me if Americans have been given the tools they need to make truly informed decisions in the voting booth.

"This discussion is getting too much into substance for my liking." -- Chris Matthews, on Hardball after John Kerry's 2004 convention speech.

Washington press corps. Shit for brains.

And Maalox is my painkiller of choice.

7. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

W learned from Daddy: put the unthinkable, one step away.

The idiot, Quayle . . . the criminal, Cheney. Different keys, but similar effect.

8. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

More than impeachment, know what I would like to see? Say W is supposed to speak at some arena. I'd like to see enough citizens and protesters to crowd around and block access to the roads or arena and refuse to leave or let the president in.

That would get the message out loud and clear that people are tired of this administration.

9. Time and place for everything. Not then. Either side, either way.

But to those with BDS, everything is political. What sad people.

10. http://www.opinionjournal.com/extra/?id=110010861

11. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

Yeah right, it's the dissenters who peddle a good/evil and light/dark worldview.

12. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

1) Alas, intellectuals have always been prone to employ their learning and fine words to whip up resentment and demonize the competition.

2) Mr. Berkowitz is a senior fellow at Stanford University's Hoover Institution and a professor at George Mason University School of Law.

Draft saved Draft deleted