1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Impeachment Off The Table?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Fenian_Bastard, Nov 14, 2007.

1. http://americanresearchgroup.com/

OK, it's one poll, and there's no chance it will happen, but these numbers lead me to believe that we are one pissed-off nation right now and that everybody better duck.

2. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

3. JackyJackBN

JackyJackBN Guest

If I can get into a compromising position with Kucinich's wife as a result, sign me up. :D

It must be great, to be married to a woman who can put your head between her breasts standing up, and you don't even have to bend your head down. Good for the spine.

4. I am in awe myself of this.

5. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

There's a pocket constitution joke in there somewhere that -- like Mrs. Kucinich's goodies to Mr. Kucinich when the lady wears heels -- remains just outside my grasp.

6. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Honestly, what impeachable offense exists that would galvanize more than a dozen GOP senators to back the Dems enough that the trial is anything less than a partisan spat on steroids? There isn't nearly enough members of either party willing to put integrity and morality above party loyalty and ideology.

Yes, the country is pissed off. Hell, I'M pissed off and even had a congressman I was interviewing tell me that he knows me and my whole generation are pissed off and cynical and that we had every right to be. That came after I asked him why people shouldn't think what he was proposing, bipartisan as it is, was total bullshit disguised as rediscovered principle.

Hell I shudder at just what kind of consequences these past seven years will bear on me and my generation. I really think that domestically, it'll be far, far, far more severe than any of us can realistically comprehend right now.

And PS, I wouldn't shed a tear if Bush and Cheney and Alberto all faced war crimes someday at the Hague. I'm pretty much convinced that they deserve it.

7. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

This generation's anger registered when Stephen Colbert, running a fake campaign, polled higher than legit candidates like Bill Richardson.
    Or at least the generation that was engaged enough to care.
    To me, that's the real worry. People will be so apathetic that as they get older, they'll just take it and who the hell knows what happens then.
    I'm beginning to wonder if I'll even recognize the country in three decades. Could be a radically different place.

8. Beaker

Beaker Active Member

Lord knows ol' Dubya and his merry band of idiots have already done their best (or worst, I suppose) to change it.

9. JackyJackBN

JackyJackBN Guest

Politics has always been the art of the possible, and prone to cause gut ache among people who want logic and honesty from their representatives. You can be apathetic, or you can go a different way. People thought they were voting for the anti-Clinton and got a smartass jet jockey. Pick better next time.

And by the way, if there's a choice you're delighted with, please spell it out. Politics is NOT the art of perfection. Pass the Tums.

10. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

Ever asked your grandparents or your great-grandparents about The Great Depression? That was hell compared to what we're bitching about now. The Hague was built for sick bums like Hitler who whacked 6 million people. Bush doesn't have the capability of pulling that off.

I found it, personally, insulting that Colbert got more votes than Richardson et al. I don't think it entirely means that folks are pissed off, because they already are. It's those in my generation who really think that guys like Stewart and Colbert are actual news. They are comedians and satirists. Nothing more, nothing less. Hell, my generation don't have enough attention span to sit down and watch 20 minutes of The Newshour or read the paper.

Impeachment isn't going to fucking happen and Pelosi and the Dems know that and as much talk as they do, they know it's not possible. So, sit back and put up with the next 14 months. We're almost to the end, we're almost there.

Jacky has a point: last Tuesday I went to vote in the city elections. Less than 5% of the eligible voters showed up. Many of them senior citizens. I was the only voter under age 55 who showed up at my precinct to vote. If everyone has their panties in the fucking bunch over next November, it would be nice if they take their fucking heads out of the sand and give a shit about what's going on in their own backyard. City, school, and county leaders are dictating public policy and we're spending our time trying to find a motherfucking loophole to get the Dynamic Duo out of Oval Office. The only way that will happen?: haul their asses to the booth (The lazy fucks who bitches about everything, and don't take the five minutes to vote. They should have no say at all. Those who votes have every right to speak.

Politics has and always will be a crapshoot. If the large block of voters take the time to read and learn more shit, other than a 30-second blurb and a celebrity pretending to be a know-it-all, the smarter we'll be when it comes to finding a problem-solver, not a bunch of talking heads on both sides of the political aisle.

Jacky, do you have the cherry Tums. Cherry Tums are good.

11. Beaker

Beaker Active Member

I'm a Wintergreen Tums kind of guy, myself.

12. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

D-3, as a matter of fact, I heard my grandmother talk about those days this past weekend. Having outhouses in the yard, moving from town to town because that's where my grandpa could get work in the early 50's even. I'm not bitching about the now. I'm worried about the future, where the cost of everything is going up, even the necessities, while my paycheck is well below the median and average incomes here, and I'm contemplating dropping my health insurance. Sure, I have it good compared to what my grandparents had when they were kids in the depression. But just because things sucked 80-90 years ago doesn't mean I can't sit here and think that the direction we're going right now isn't all that swell.

I'm under 30, and I'm really worried. And it's not because I'm apathetic, uninformed, and uninvolved. Quite the contrary in fact. At the national level, I think the GOP has really fucked us. At the state level, I'm warily watching the Democrats toe the line of doing the same thing here. When I wonder who is really looking out for me, there are very few elected officials at any level that could raise their hand in the affirmative.

Draft saved Draft deleted