1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Imagine

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Boom_70, Jun 29, 2011.

1. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Has Sandler ever made his political views known?

If Sandler is a republican (I have no idea whatsoever if he is or isn't) it probably wouldn't impact him as much as some. This is a guy who typically produces his own films and has had a virtually unmatched string of financial (if not critical) success.

2. Mizzougrad96

If you don't like him now, fine... If you didn't find him funny on SNL then I feel sorry for you...

3. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

I see the sacredest of the board's sacred cows is still being protected.

4. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Dennis Miller?

5. vicd

vicd Active Member

Lighten up Francis.

6. Mizzougrad96

What are you talking about?

7. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

That's what happens when you dive to snap up all those well-paying business/convention gigs.
    You're well-compensated, but you're forced to tailor your material to rich-men's jokes. Just
    hope you don't immediately precede or follow the Obama impersonator of the evening . . .

8. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Which means if Palin or Bachmann get nominated, the theme song will be "Help!"

9. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Never having been a huge Lennon fan (and his involvement with Yoko remains a severe lapse in personal taste), I don't give a damn whose politics he favored, at whatever point in his career. The Beatles got the money, while pleasing a lot of people. Good for them.

10. Mizzougrad96

The last time I saw Miller, he ragged on W. for a decent portion of his act.

11. Mizzougrad96

That made me laugh...

12. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Mystified, as well.

Draft saved Draft deleted