1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Imagine if Lennon or Hendrix were still alive today

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by alleyallen, Mar 1, 2007.

1. Trouser_Buddah

Trouser_Buddah Active Member

So, do I need to be reprogrammed and forget most of what I've read in that bio? Is there a better bio you can recommend? Are there any particular parts more egregious than others? Did he NOT really have a homosexual affair with Brian Epstein?

2. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

Next album/CD will be "Who's That?"

3. TwoGloves

TwoGloves Well-Known Member

If he's dead, you know what they say.

Easy Come and Easy Go.

4. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

I thought Goldman's books on Lennon and Elvis were garbage. Anyway, Ray Coleman's bio of Lennon is great. Coleman is a legendary British rock writer (NME or Melody Maker) and it's a book worth hunting for. The edition I have is from the UK.

Coleman also did a terrific bio of Brian Epstein which details the "affair" with Lennon.

5. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

There are only two people who know, and they're both dead.

There is no definitive bio of Lennon, since they're all either written by starry-eyed worshippers or vengeful vendetta-driven legend-trashers, and probably ultimately equally unreliable.

There is, however, virtually unanimous agreement that literally all of Goldman's shit, on all his subjects, is almost completely fabricated from whole cloth. No credibility whatsoever on anybody or anything.

6. Rough Mix

Rough Mix Guest

7. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Silver streams
    Silvery screams
    Ooooh
    Impossible concentration

8. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

For whatever it's worth, Yoko, who from all reports matched Lennon in both the coffee-and-cigs departments, is apparently quite healthy at the age of 74. In fact, she's just released a new album, titled, "Yes, I'm A Witch."

:eek: :eek: ::) ::)

9. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

The horror, the horror

10. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

I guarandamtee you that Ringo will be the last surviving Beatle.

And that Yoko will outlive them all. And probably Mick and Keith to boot.

Well, not Keith. Nothing will outlive Keith.

11. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

I read somewhere that Paul smokes herb everyday of his life, but that didn't seem to affect Louis Armstrong.

Draft saved Draft deleted