1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Image from The Dark Knight

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by forever_town, Jul 21, 2008.

1. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

Where could I find a public domain or readily accessible photo from The Dark Knight? My shop is not an AP member.

2. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

Hmmm. Certainly you can find images via Mr. Google.

We have debates here, of course, about what you can do with such images once you find them. Also, maybe somebody on here has access to a DK press kit.

And you might check the DK web site, see if they have any wallpaper you could adapt ... do movie web sites still offer wallpaper? I dunno.

3. ColbertNation

ColbertNation Member

Along those lines, maybe there are some movie stills on IMDB that you could "borrow." I really don't have any qualms about lifting images off the Net (Google or anywhere else) and Photoshopping the crap out of them to suit my needs when it comes to graphics.

4. forever_town

That's the $54 question.

5. bp6316

bp6316 Member

We have a press kit, but a lot of times, it's easier for us to go to this blog site that posts hi-res stuff from the press kits. We just download em from there since they're the same shots.

<a href="http://www.ez-entertainment.net/blog/?p=447">http://www.ez-entertainment.net/blog/?p=447</a>

6. forever_town

Do I need to get permission to use it?

7. bp6316

bp6316 Member

No, just credit Warner Bros. when you use it since it comes from their press kit.

8. forever_town

Thank you for the help! That will really bring out the piece I'm using it with.

Draft saved Draft deleted