1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

iMac Question. Can Anyone Help?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Pete Incaviglia, Aug 3, 2008.

1. Not sure what the problem would be but I would rather have a PC than a Mac. I grew up with nothing but Macs. Can't stand them anymore. To me, PC's are easier to use.

2. trifectarich

trifectarich Well-Known Member

I'm assuming you've checked your Preferences. There may be something there. Can't say that I've ever encountered this, however.

And, no, the problem isn't that he's got a Mac. That shows sheer brilliance.

3. T2

T2 Member

My PC acts the same way sometimes, though not twice a month. After I've held in the power button and gotten it to reboot, it informs me that "Windows [XP] has recovered from a serious problem." I never really know what caused it to refuse to continue without a restart. But it's no big thing. We probably should go back to Square One every now and then, just on general principles.

4. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

I love PCs. I've said it before. Guess Claude has missed the 18 other threads on which people tell the Mac Clones to shove it.

5. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Never had that problem with mine. It's a few years old. Have you contacted Apple yet? When my original iMac (the goofy-shaped one) started having problems, Apple tech support was outstanding.

6. ScribePharisee

ScribePharisee New Member

We thought ours was a connection problem at the source going into the laptop - and it was.

But then we found it was a crack in the motherboard that continued to split and once again, did that.

7. Wendell Gee

Wendell Gee Member

I had the same problem with my older iMac. It was a bad board. Fairly common problem. Apple extended the warranty for it, and I had mine fixed last year. I would have thought the newer ones avoided this, but maybe not.

8. MacDaddy

MacDaddy Active Member

Yet.

9. zebracoy

zebracoy Guest

Yet it sounds like we've got a Mac problem on this thread.

Ho hum.

10. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

Oh, IJAG, my long distance lust-affair with you is now over. Dead. To. Me. :)

As for the Mac problem, have you run disc doctor? If not, run it. My old iMac (G4 Super) was doing the same thing and I just ignored it. About six months later, the hard drive unmounted and I've been told by other Mac geeks that there was a disc problem that brought the recurring comas.

11. JakeandElwood

JakeandElwood Well-Known Member

I've had my laptop for over four years now, so I think it's worked out pretty well and been worth the money.

12. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

We would never have lasted. Your computer would have fucked up, I'd have happily typed away on my PC, and you'd have held the resentment.

Draft saved Draft deleted