1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I'm that much closer to getting out

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by sportschick, Dec 11, 2008.

1. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

As OBi-Wan Kenobi said: "You see? You can do it. . . . . that's good. You've taken your first step into a larger world."

Congratulations, SC. I had no doubt. Good luck to you.

2. RossLT

RossLT Guest

Good for you SC. I was forced out of the industry and have been looking forward to the day when I can go back to grad school, which is not all that far off, and start a new career.

I wish you all the best in all your future endeavors. Best of luck to you!!!

3. I Digress

I Digress Guest

Congrats!

4. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

Walk tall, sportschick.

5. JakeandElwood

JakeandElwood Well-Known Member

Cool stuff, SC. Right before I got my job I was getting discouraged and started briefly browsing through some other job possibilities. The National Parks Service looked like it had some good stuff related to history, so maybe you can look there when you're done.

6. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

That's actually my goal! I'd love to work in a national park (specifically Glacier) in the preservation field eventually, although I doubt I'll want to move back West immediately after I finish grad school.

7. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

For s'chick: WOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! :D ;D 8)

For everybody else: Would the last person leaving the business please turn out the lights?

8. JakeandElwood

JakeandElwood Well-Known Member

Awesome, good luck.

9. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

You're going to preserve the 50-year-old conservatives who keep hitting on you?

10. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

You got it, sir.

11. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

The last person to leave the business will probably be Lean Dean. The lights will have been off for days in an effort to save the cost of electricity.

Congrats, SC! If you get into Maryland, I'll have my winggirl!

12. OTD

OTD Well-Known Member

Congratulations, SC!

I can see the new History of the High Heel wing opening at the Smithsonian with you in charge.

Draft saved Draft deleted