1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I'm sure most of us have been here before

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Madhavok, Oct 22, 2008.

1. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

Plain Dealer?

2. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Where else?

Apparently his knowledge of The F_cking Soldier finally got him in the door.

3. jps

jps Active Member

mad, it happens. idoits are in charge. happened to me several times at a stop a while back. that's why it was a stop a while back - once it happened the second time, knew that nothing would change and I needed to get somewhere that would appreciate my work and my effort. I'd suggest the same, if you feel this will be indicative of the future there. because, I gotta tell ya, letting them know that you're moving on and up ... best. day. ever.

4. luckyducky

luckyducky Guest

jps, that sounds like something i could have written word for word.

5. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

quality stuff, right there.

6. budcrew08

budcrew08 Active Member

We all know the old saying... it's not who you know...

7. MacDaddy

MacDaddy Active Member

Yep, been there. In my case it seemed the only people in the entire building who thought it was a good decision were the person making the decision and the person who got promoted. My only solace was that three people have left or transferred because of this decision (including me), and my exit interview was a hell of a lot of fun.

Draft saved Draft deleted