1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I'm such a sucker

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Gator, Mar 23, 2013.

1. Do people give to college girls in front of Walmart asking people to donate for breast cancer? My wife always asks why should she give money to breast cancer.

2. Frank_Ridgeway

Frank_Ridgeway Well-Known Member

I give money often to obvious street beggars (very often, considering my newspaper's neighborhood), but seldom to anyone purporting to be from a group. And I don't want to buy your candy bars or cookies, either. The bums around here are generally a lot more polite and have lower expectations than people who believe everyone should support their cause.

3. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Famous saying in the club sports world: You have 10 percent players and 90 percent payers.

If it isn't a shoe company or street agent type, then it's a bunch of upper-middle-class or rich parents each kicking in an extra little bit to cover the costs for the one kid that they need in order to compete in these tournaments in the first place.

4. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

"Would you like to buy our candy bars? It's for diabetes research."

5. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Please describe her breasts, and we'll get back to you... pics are ok too.

6. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

So that's how YF met his wife!

7. cyclingwriter

cyclingwriter Active Member

that made me laugh

8. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Or you could ask your parents.

Draft saved Draft deleted