1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I'm sporting some Norwegian wood...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by The Big Ragu, Sep 5, 2006.

1. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Tell you what. I'll collect all your questions and get answers when I see her. Baked chicken, check. Das Boot, check. Hawaii, check. If she still likes me after that, I'd imagine things are looking good. The only thing horrifying me slightly is that if she (or anyone) knew I had started a thread about her on an internet message board, things would probably not be looking too good.

2. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

If, in the unlikely event, she finds out about this thread, just offer her some jewelry.

I bet she'd love a nice pearl necklace. :D

In all seriousness, just relax and be yourself. Make the first date all about her, engage in conversation about what she likes and what she wants to do. Don't make it too serious, though. Keep it light-hearted enough to make her laugh, but make sure you begin getting to know her as best you can.

3. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Tell her you know this great lutefisk joint.

4. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Making her laugh is the key. If you try too hard to focus on her, her likes and what she wants to do, you can easily come off as a shallow prick who's just trying to get in her pants. That WON'T be lost in the language barrier -- trust me.

5. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Using date adviced obtained via SportsJournalists.com is a sure-fire recipe for disaster.

6. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

You sure? I have compiled a mini how-to book from this site that I titled, "The Combined Dating Wisdom of SportsJournalists.com." I thought it had best seller potential.

7. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

The links and passwords pages came in particularly handy, right?

8. suburbanite

suburbanite Active Member

What are they saying about her on norwegianSportsJournalists.com, that is, aside from the all-purpose, never-ending curling thread?

Draft saved Draft deleted