1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I'm Speechless

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Michael_ Gee, Mar 14, 2008.

1. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Listening to Washington Week in Review, ABC White House correspondent Martha Raddatz said "I think the White House is thrilled by how the War in Iraq is going."
    Aside from violent revolution, what is there to say?
  2. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Has there ever been a thread more likely to be locked than this one?
  3. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

4. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

solid. damn solid.
  5. ondeadline

ondeadline Active Member

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  6. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

Two hours and no fighting yet. I think the White House would also be thrilled as to how the war on the SportsJournalists.com boards is going.
  7. Yeah I can see how 27.5 million people gaining freedom from under a totalitarian government can be viewed as a bad thing by some people.

What that says about those people who view this as a bad thing - I leave to you to decide.
  8. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

I spoke with a former Marine officer last week who said he saw with his own two eyes unused chemical weapons laying next to dead Iraqis during Desert Storm. Word had come down to them that if chemical rounds were used on us, nukes were going to be used in retaliation. So they were never used.
  9. I giggled then.
    I am guffawing now.
  10. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Exactly... well played GB...
  11. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

It's not a bad thing. Sacrificing our economy for the sake of this as-yet unsustained result, however, is.
  12. Holy lord.
    Did I miss the candy and flowers?
Draft saved Draft deleted