1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I'm sorry, but what an idiot.

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Fenian_Bastard, Feb 20, 2007.

1. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I agree with you to an extent, Alley, but it's also sad to know that we have a nincompoop in charge of the country who is so dense he thinks he's as good as George Washington.

Hell, he's not even in George Jefferson's neighborhood.

2. Yawn

Yawn New Member

Hollywood has all the answers. That's why Bette Midler said we ought to go over to Baghdad and tell these people to "make movies, not war."

Alec Baldwin for President. That's the solution. Let's close this board down. Nothing else needs to be said.

3. Yawn

Yawn New Member

I don't read where he compared himself to George Washington - it's the analysis in terms of what was stated here. I haven't seen the entire give-and-take he had, but all it seems he said is that he's going to push on with what he believes. In that instance, I guess he does compare with Washington as I hope to God George the I did what he believed in.

4. Double J

Double J Active Member

I always liked Stephen better, at least until he starred in "Slap Shot 2." For that transgression he must burn in hell.

5. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Where on earth did that pile of monkey tripe come from?

6. BNWriter

BNWriter Active Member

That's being kind. The man has to be considered our first genuinely retarded president.

7. The Island Of Misfit Politics?

8. Frank_Ridgeway

Frank_Ridgeway Well-Known Member

Throwing out a taunt like "let the polls make your decisions" shows a fundamental ignorance of basic Democratic philosophy. Expecting Dems to not be guided by polls is like gluing elephant tusks on a donkey. People who vote for Dems want them to be guided by polls, we want elected officials who listen to the people, we do not want decrees from above, nor do we want stubbornness. So when you try to insult Dems this way, it just doesn't register, because we consider this a positive, not a negative. All you succeed in doing is appearing uninformed.

http://www.il-democrats.org/ilrepordem.html

9. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

Frank, might I add this little tidbit:
    People that believe that the current president doesn't listen (he certainly doesn't read) to poll data are only fooling themselves. This president and all Republicans follow polls just as closely as Democrats do. They are just better at pretending that they don't.

10. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Let's see...

Shrub doesn't read the newspaper, he claims.

And he doesn't read polls, he says.

And the truly miraculous thing is, there are sub-morons out there like Yawn who not only believe him, but think that ignoring these things helps him run the country, and do that job well.

Save me, Superman.

11. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

I'll say this about the polls....

You don't necessarily want your elected officials following the polls to the letter, but certainly on an issue like the Iraq War, perhaps some re-thinking is in order. If the public wants a pullout but real experts believe a pullout would be more damaging, then that doesn't mean you just ignore the public. Try to find middle ground, or a compromise.

And don't freaking ask me what that compromise would be. I have no idea, but if I did, I certainly wouldn't be here debating it with you guys and I'd also be making a hell of a lot more money.

12. Yawn

Yawn New Member

You know, Zeke, it's obvious you are reading-challenged.

Because if you think from my posts that I think Bush does no wrong, then you...YOU...are both stupid and delusional. But what the hell, it has no bearing on me. Go ahead and live in your narrow thoughts world.

Draft saved Draft deleted