1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I'm sorry, but what an idiot.

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Fenian_Bastard, Feb 20, 2007.

1. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

My point, good sir, is that they weren't saying that about George Washington, and Shrub was the one comparing himself to George Washington.

It's a stupid comparison from a stupid man.

2. Yawn

Yawn New Member

Voting for the guy they'd like to have a beer with?

I agree because I think most are easily swayed. Just toss a Bud Light commercial on during the debates and done.

3. Yawn

Yawn New Member

Well my point is that while we analyze George W the I 230 years later, the people of the late 18th century had more important things on their minds than polls and Meet the Press analysis.

4. PopeDirkBenedict

PopeDirkBenedict Active Member

Wait a second. Please explain this conspiracy to keep us in Nam that resulted in JFK being murdered in Dallas.

5. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Great. You had to go there instead of letting that post lie there. Now they'll be after all of us.

6. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

What I find hilarious is that there's such a debate over the worst president and where Bush fits in all of this, almost as if we're proud and fighting for Bush to have the honor. I personally am not happy to know that a president who served during my lifetime might be considered among the worst ever.

It's a reason to weep, not rejoice, you guys.

7. Yawn

Yawn New Member

It's in a lock box, unearthed then buried again by algore, underneath the grassy knoll.

8. Yawn

Yawn New Member

Shit. I just fell out of my chair, dumping my coffee. Now I have to go home and change. Thanks for that shocking remark, Alley. I really thought you were all glee.

9. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Wrong again. Al Gore would know better. Dallas will be underwater in 15 years from global warming and that box might get washed up.

10. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

I think he's quoting the theory espoused in the movie JFK.

11. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Were you just speaking to me? All I heard was a buzzing sound.

12. Actually, LJB, there's some interesting revisionism going on about Madison's presidency. I've always given him a great credit for adhering (too) closely to the conception if the presidency in the Constitution he devised -- and also for actually commanding troops in the field as commander-in-chief. Sean Wilentz makes his presidency a vital link in democratizing American politics away from the Federalists and toward Jackson.
    Of course, having Washington burned on your watch is not a highlight.

Draft saved Draft deleted