1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I'm sorry, but what an idiot.

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Fenian_Bastard, Feb 20, 2007.

1. “I’m reading about George Washington still,” the president told reporters at a December news conference where he defended his Iraq policy. “My attitude is, if they’re still analyzing No. 1, 43 ought not to worry about it and just do what he thinks is right, and make the tough choices necessary.”

Screw everything up and, one day, you'll be George Washington.
    Two more years.

2. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Yeah, they're still analyzing George Washington. I don't think they are discussing whether he was the worst president ever, though.

3. Mostly they're saying,
    "How'd we get from him to this cluck?"

4. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Well, it rhymes with cluck, anyway

5. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

"Analyzing."

6. Duane Postum

Duane Postum Member

Really. Jesus.

7. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

No, I think everybody who was out of Pampers by that time agrees it was Jimmy Carter.

Anyway, I thought maybe this was a thread about Ed Orgeron.

Nevermind.

8. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

I'm just glad it wasn't about me.

9. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

I was analyzing George Washington just the other day. That four game losing streak they just ended really put a damper on what could have been a decent season.

10. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Based on the "let the polls make your decision" guys you have for heroes, Fenian, I can see why you wouldn't like a guy who figures the best way to lead is "just do what he thinks is right, and make the tough choices necessary.”

Some people lead, some follow. Your heroes are followers. Then again, you're a follower, too.

11. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

The worst president ever wasn't Nixon or Carter, and it won't be Bush either.

The men who allowed the situation between North and South disintegrate to point of seccession hold that honor.

Or maybe U.S. Grant.

12. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

Hoover deserves to be in the running as well, but Bush had the world eating out of his hand just months into his administration. He took all that goodwill, wadded it up and chucked it away.

Draft saved Draft deleted