1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I'm so disappointed, I'll start one (war thread, where have they gone?)

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Yawn, May 5, 2008.

1. Chef

Chef Active Member

Nothing like nwaY coming by to start a topic like this, then run off to deliver the rest of his pizzas.

2. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

The British never Attucks us.

3. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Well done.

4. kingcreole

kingcreole Active Member

Why do you hate America, Oz?

5. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Forget about what ever point Yawn has ... what an amateurish attempt to sling shit.

Ooh burn! Some Democrats started some wars before the majority of us were born! In my face!

By the way, if you're going to talk smack, you might as well go all the way with it. You forgot Woodrow Wilson (D-Va. or NJ) leading us into WWI and James Polk (D-Tenn.) starting the Mexican War.

Might as well be a shit-talking completist, you blinding idiot.

6. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

And don't forget James Madison (Democrat-Republicans, but obviously favoring the Democratic side) and the War of 1812!!!

7. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

I'm only disappointed by the fact that this thread wasn't locked by the time I predicted.

8. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

It's not getting locked. Get over it. Now please stop with the "I predict this will be locked..." posts. Why do people think a dozen posts like that add anything? If you have nothing to say, post on another thread. If people aren't interested in this thread, it will go away on its own.

9. JakeandElwood

JakeandElwood Well-Known Member

Every one of those wars except Vietnam was absolutely 100% necessary, something that is very debatable about the current war.

10. Lucas Wiseman

Lucas Wiseman Well-Known Member

Exactly.

11. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Was Korea absolutely necessary?

I ask because it is the war I'm least familiar with ... even though my grandfather served over there.

12. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

Oh, then that makes the Iraq War OK, then.

Draft saved Draft deleted