1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I'm sick and not coming to work ever

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by RossLT, Oct 1, 2008.

1. RossLT

RossLT Guest

So for the last couple of weeks at my place of work we have had a rash of people calling in sick. My position at this company is somewhat predicated on the fact that when people call in sick I pick up more hours. I have a schedule every week but it tends to fluctuate and because of this I get an extra $100 a week. The problem I have is when I am forced to stay an extra four or five hours because someone didn't show up.

After talking to one of the supervisors, he told me that the issue is that the background check at this place is so stringent that we hire people who are straight out of high school because they have nothing on their background that could be detrimental. In his words, "These kids have absolutely no work ethic and no idea that when they are scheduled for a shift they are supposed to be here."

Not looking for any sympathy, just needed to vent about work. Thanks for listening, if you did ;)

2. Do you work at a factory?

3. RossLT

RossLT Guest

Nah, security at a place that does bioresearch

4. Gomer

Gomer Active Member

So you're telling me Pimply McPimplehead is guarding the door to the Ebola room? Lovely.

5. RossLT

RossLT Guest

No he is calling in sick and making me do it ;)

6. What, no bioresearchsecurity.com?

I'm just kidding. You're more than welcome to post here. I was just assuming you worked at a newspaper and thought for a second, 'boy JRC is really hitting the skids ...'

7. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

That sucks, Ross. Just keep your iPod filled with 'Pac. :D

8. Overrated

Overrated Guest

Hey Ross, will you guys buy my semen? I need gas money, and my semen is pretty incredible.

9. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Dude, even your internet soulmate won't go near your semen.

10. RossLT

RossLT Guest

Christ, I am glad I have your permission. I should have told you that the paper that I used to work at decided they no longer needed me.

Ass.

11. Gomer

Gomer Active Member

That might be for the best then. Unless you're this guy:
    [​IMG]

12. Gomer

Gomer Active Member

By the way, do NOT type Simpsons teen into the google image search without safesearch on. Dear fucking God.

Draft saved Draft deleted