1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I'm Ron Burgundy, go f--- yourself Bismarck

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Bubbler, Dec 2, 2013.

1. Bubbler

Bubbler Active Member

As part of the promotion blitz for Anchorman 2, Will Ferrell sat in for a Bismarck, N.D. newscast. He mostly kept it straight, which to me, is funnier because his presence highlights how idiotic local TV news is.

2. Mauve_Avenger

Mauve_Avenger Member

I am surprised at how often I see local news anchors doing stuff most newspapers reporters would never dream of doing.
  3. KJIM

KJIM Well-Known Member

Well, to be fair, I've also seen newspaper reporters do things I'd never dreamed I'd see newspaper reporters doing, too.
  4. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

He's going to cohost the last two hours of Dan Patrick on Thursday, and is also going to host SportsCenter.
  5. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

He did pronounce Minot like a native on his into - Mine-it.
  6. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

As a "teevee guy", I'm all for the newspaper reporters I know covering city council meetings where 7 people show up. Keep 'em comin'.
  7. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

And, yet, that council meeting with seven people in the audience will have a far greater effect on the everyday lives of every citizen in the city than the latest cat stuck in a tree video airing on the 5, 6 and 11 p.m. broadcasts of the local news (the fire truck extended its ladder!). Go figure.
  8. Mauve_Avenger

Mauve_Avenger Member

You would rather not know what is going on with your local government?
  9. Mauve_Avenger

Mauve_Avenger Member

That's fair!
  10. Bubbler

Bubbler Active Member

I killed exmediahack with a trident.
  11. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

Good rule of thumb: if only 7 people are there, no one gives a shit about the topic.
  12. Mauve_Avenger

Mauve_Avenger Member

Well if only seven people were there, but something newsworthy happens and the story gets 10,000 views on the newspaper's website, does no one give a shit about the topic then?

Because that happens fairly often.
Draft saved Draft deleted