1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I'm ready to make like Chef ....

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Football_Bat, Jun 2, 2008.

1. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

... and cut my fucking left foot off.

I rolled my ankle yesterday and it hurts like hell. It's all puffy on the outside of the ankle and I can hardly even walk on it. It's not severely sprained — I've seen those before and it's definitely not — but damn, it's painful.

If I didn't have to work tonight, I would be at home watching satellite, pounding some Leinie's and icing my foot. But NOOOOO! I had to be a trooper and go in.

Now I have to figure out how I'm going to get out to my truck with no crutches. Then get from my truck to my front door when I get home.
  2. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

At least you don't drive a standard transmission.
  3. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

No kidding. Then I'd be really screwed.
  4. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

First day after a sprained ankle sucks ass, no way around it.

Ice, ice, ice.
  5. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I suffered a bad sprain a couple months ago, and I'm still feeling it a bit. Luckily, though, I was able to put pressure on it and walk normally a week afterward. My knees and ankles have always been pretty vulnerable after years of playing first base. It just comes with the terrain now.
  6. Matt1735

Matt1735 Well-Known Member

And i thought you had trouble getting to first base....
  7. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

And elevate it. If you're still at the office, get it up on a chair. If you're home now, put it up on the couch on top of a couple of pillows. Ice and elevate tomorrow, too.
  8. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Epsom salts help, too.
  9. forever_town

forever_town Active Member

I suffered an ankle sprain about nine or 10 years ago while I was playing pick up soccer one Friday evening. One of the people I was playing with helped to his car, where he drove me to the classroom building where I was TAing a class.

I finally got to the doctor on Monday (the health center closed on campus by the time I got hurt). I didn't do well with crutches, but since I could put a little pressure on the ball of my foot, I got a cane. Two weeks after the sprain, I played again -- gingerly. Six weeks later, I was back up to relative speed.
  10. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

Actually.... Rice, rice, rice.

11. Chef

Chef Active Member

Lop it off, dude.

Oh, and post pictures as well.

The kids seem to enjoy that.
  12. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

I felt the same way the first time I had gout in my right ankle.
Draft saved Draft deleted