1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I'm proud of my useless knowledge...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by alleyallen, Feb 23, 2007.

1. Corky Ramirez up on 94th St.

Corky Ramirez up on 94th St. Well-Known Member

Cows can walk up stairs, but not down.

Beavis' birthday is Oct. 15, 1979.

The first 45 rpm record was 'Darktown Strutters Ball' sometime in the 1940s.

The 'CCM' on hockey jerseys stands for Canadian Cycle and Motor.

While going to UConn, just for the hell of it, I figured out the chord progressions for Gil Evans' "Bird Feathers" (go here: http://www.myspace.com/gilevans and click on that song. It's wondefully challenging and beautiful, one of my favorite songs)

2. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Dying in a Paris flophouse, Oscar Wilde reportedly remarked, "My wallpaper and I are fighting a duel to the death. One or the other of us has to go."

The hotel waited 100 years to remove the wallpaper.

3. Mighty_Wingman

Mighty_Wingman Active Member

That's much more poetic than "either the wallpaper goes or I go," which is the way I've always heard it.

4. ServeItUp

ServeItUp Active Member

There are lyrics to an inordinate amount of rap songs from the mid-1980s that are occupying my memory. I know this because we keep finding videos for them on YouTube and I flow right along with them.

There are movie lines, book passages, song lyrics, 50 states and capitals, Olympic facts and athletes I've covered occupying valuable hard-drive space as well.

Draft saved Draft deleted