1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I'm proud of my useless knowledge...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by alleyallen, Feb 23, 2007.

1. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

I also have memorized large bulks of dialogue from Cannonball Run and I memorized the spell of making uttered by Morgana and Merlin in Excalibur.

2. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

This is a huge benefit when you get pulled over by the police.

3. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

If this is not the definition of a pathetitard, it should be.

4. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

You should take pride in useless knowledge. I kick ass at NTN Trivia at Buffalo Wild Wings (and elsewhere.) I'm not one of those crazy drunks that has 100,000,000,000 points, but I can kick my friends' ass on a fairly regular basis. Sure, they make gobs more money than I do, but really, what's most important?

Amazingly, this hasn't helped me find my dream girl yet ...

5. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

:'(

6. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Keep playing that NTN trivia, son, and one of these days ... no I really can't envision that working for you.

7. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Ahh...NTN trivia. I myself have recorded a pathetic number of hours playing this game. After building up 250,000 player points in Connecticut, I set up a new account in Texas and now have that one at 250K.

8. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I have watched Cannonball Run twice and Excalibur about five times so I know what I'm talking about, you pathetitard.

9. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

This is no joke, but I actually met my second wife while playing NTN.

10. OK, this time, it's for real.
    It's time to coordinate an SportsJournalists.com international NTN trivia armageddon.
    And, alley, just in your ballpark, I can name all four Japanese Imperial Navy carriers sunk at Midway:
    Hiryu, Soryu, Akagi, Kaga.
    BWAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHA!

11. PopeDirkBenedict

PopeDirkBenedict Active Member

Other than being obsessed with the presidency -- can name every president and at one time could name every vice-president -- I just collect odd bits of knowledge. I am the flea market of useless, random facts.

Here is your useless facts of the day:

--William King was the only president/vice-president to take his oath on foreign soil (he was deathly ill at the time of inaguration and was in Cuba, trying to recover).

--Alaska, Delaware, Missouri, Nevada and South Dakota are the only states whose capitals are not directly served by an interstate highway.

12. And Pierre, South Dakota is the only state capital the name of which does not contain any letters of the name of the state of which it is the capital.

Draft saved Draft deleted