1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I'm pissed about the soccer loss, and this is a rant.

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Almost_Famous, Jun 12, 2006.

1. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Stop whining, at least you guys made it to the tourney.

Canada's ranked 83rd in world soccer.

Yup, 83rd, 22 spots behind Togo, one behind Oman but we could kick Iceland's ass (they're ranked 99th)

2. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Did the U.S. cover the spread?

3. spinning27

spinning27 New Member

I'm incredibly happy about it. The sooner people in the U.S. have reason to once again ignore the World Cup, the better.

Do we HAVE to win EVERYTHING????? I'd rather let some European, South American or African country enjoy it. It obviously means more to their people than ours.

4. Almost_Famous

Almost_Famous Active Member

what hurts is that i was jazzed for the cup. really excited. this really is a buzzkill.

kind of like you start dating a really hot girl. a super girl. and then before you sleep with her, she tells you she has herpes. or gonorrea.

ok, fine. bad comparison. but it's bad. trust me. this really sucks. this is a world competition.

somebody scout ghana for me in the 255 game while i take a cold shower.

5. broadway joe

broadway joe Guest

The U.S. lost to a better team. Yes, the U.S. looked flat, but that could be because the Czechs played so well. They could win the whole thing, in which case this loss doesn't look quite as bad. You might want to see this play out a little more before you declare the U.S. team a disgrace, A_F.

6. Twoback

Twoback Active Member

How do I say this nicely? Spinning, go pound it.
    I mean really, really, really, get your xenophobic, moron butt out of this thread.
    Go away, now.
    Or I'll sic A/F on you.

7. If you're not in it to win it, why bother playing at all?

8. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

What are we winning? We're neither the reigning Olympic gold medalist in basketball nor are we the champion of the inaugural World Cup of Baseball.

9. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Well, there's always hock-- oh, wait...

10. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

I'm not so much pissed about today's match as I am heartbroken and disappointed.

Forget the immigration debate, let's get some foreigners to steal some jobs on the USMNT.

11. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I think they give our participation ribbons. Those are nice for scrapbooks.

12. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

Forgot about hockey (two minutes of shame for me), but that just carries the point even further.

How soon is it before we try to create a world cup of (american) football?

Draft saved Draft deleted