1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I'm pissed about the soccer loss, and this is a rant.

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Almost_Famous, Jun 12, 2006.

1. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

After the game, Bush made a second phone call to say, "You're doing a heck of a job, Brucie!"

2. Madhavok

Madhavok Well-Known Member

I've had the pleasure of watching quite a few soccer matches early in the spring; they're youth matches, but soccer nonetheless. So anyway, my sister (age 12) plays on an under-14 regional team and can pretty much dribble circles around everyone and score at will. She was averaging around 2 goals a game for four or so games. However, she hasn't scored in two games and has pretty much passed the ball when she's on a scoring chance . After her game on Sunday, I asked her how come she doesn't drive to the net anymore. She said her coach told her to pass the ball more because parents were complaining that she kept scoring and was a ballhog!!

Is the 'everyone-is-a-winner' mentality that seems to be taking over youth sports?

3. Twoback

Twoback Active Member

Now, that, I can see.
    You know, there's never been a Baby Boomer who had a child that didn't deserve to be a superstar.

Draft saved Draft deleted