1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I'm out of gas

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by PeteyPirate, Jun 25, 2008.

1. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

In the spirit of the "stranded in xxx airport" threads, you are welcome to keep me company as I sit by the side of the Beltway with an empty tank of gas waiting for AAA to save me. This has never happened to me before. I feel like an idiot.

2. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

Does AAA give you a gallon to get to the next station? If so, ask them how much it is so you can ask them to fill it up completely at a cheaper rate.

3. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

I'm told that in my county it is illegal for someone to carry gas out to me, so I will have to be towed to the nearest station.

4. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

I had to be bailed out by AAA a few years ago and they charged me $2.99 for a gallon of gas. I thought the first gallon was always free. But it only took like 10 minutes so I couldn't complain.

5. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Don't let them take you inside the beltway!!! The gas is .20 cents more expensive inside than out!

6. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

That's why you get AAA Gold...

7. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

Gold member here. The tow truck guy scoffed at the law and gave me a gallon. I'm on my way.

8. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

With the gold package, I think he was supposed to blow you, too.

But probably just the gas was good.

9. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

Hmm, he said he was just siphoning.

10. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Posting and driving?

11. SCEditor

SCEditor Active Member

My favorite running-out-of-gas story:

Back when I was 17, I got up early on a Sunday morning because I had forgotten to purchase my dad a Father's Day gift. I drive to the ATM and instead of filling up at the gas station right by the ATM, I decide I'm going to drive about two miles down the road to another gas station which is cheaper and also on my way to the local megastore.

I run out of gas. I have to knock on a stranger's door (I was right by a residential area) and wake my dad up at 7:30 a.m. on Father's Day so he could get gas for my car. I felt like such a moron.

12. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Happy Father's Day, get your ass out of bed.
    Son, this is two threads now where I'da told you to fuck off!!

Draft saved Draft deleted