1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I'm out and I'm coming out

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Moderator1, Jan 7, 2008.

1. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

I'll probably still call you Moddy out of habit. At least on the board. Unless you had decided to end your moderating career, you're still Moddy.

Congratulations on the new gig. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't at least giving a passing thought to making a similar move. Hope everything goes well for you.

2. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Congrats from north of the border.

One of these days we'll get you up and your Queen up to Canuckistan.

3. spaceman

spaceman Active Member

you can give out SportsJournalists.com thongs to your students.

4. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

And you didn't even start a thinking-about-getting-out-of-the-business thread. How ambush-like ...

Congrats, man. I don't envy the SID hours, which can be worse than hours. The job stability, though, I think we all envy about now. I hope that job treats you well.

5. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

And now, so do I. Thanks.

6. Hustle

Hustle Guest

I really can't say enough good things about Mike. I'm happy that for him and his family, the future looks considerably brighter.

He's probably the closest thing I've had to a mentor in this business. Not that I worked with him much, but it was a nice feeling to know that there's someone you could trust just down the road - and especially since that someone spent a fair amount of time helping a small-fry that didn't even work for him.

He was kind enough to let me help out on the hectic race weekends. I always relished the chance that, twice a year, I'd get to leave A-ball and pitch for the big-league club, and I have him to thank for allowing that to continue.

Best of luck to you, and hopefully this creates some more time to come see those Nats... we'll be ready with a celebratory beer for you.

And the mint dressing, too.

7. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

Just be sure to use the soft spikes with those, Moddy.

8. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

Mike Harris:

[​IMG]

or:

[​IMG]

or:

[​IMG]

or:

[​IMG]

or an NBA flunkie who never recorded a stat, yet got his own NBA page.

--------------------

I don't know you at all, but you seem 'ight, I guess.

Really, best of luck. Glad you're staying around here.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  9. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

Or, of course:

[​IMG]

And let me be the first to say that's a damn fine hat you have there.

10. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

I swear, this might be the last one. But how could I not point out that our brave Moddy, one of these fine chaps according to the google, is actually a ghostbuster?

[​IMG]

11. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Actually, his talk of being bald was all an attempt to hide his identity from those with outing on their minds.

The REAL Mike Harris:

[​IMG]

12. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

a 1x1 pixel dot?

Draft saved Draft deleted