1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I'm out and I'm coming out

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Moderator1, Jan 7, 2008.

1. Lucas Wiseman

Lucas Wiseman Well-Known Member

WHAT? Moddy is Mike Harris? Who knew?!?! :D

Congrats, my friend, you deserve it.

2. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Congrats Moddy. Big loss for the Times-Dispatch. Lucky day for VCU. I am so happy for you and hope you enjoy the new challenge...

Not to be a total vulture, but if you do decide to go by your name on here, can I have dibs on Moderator1?

And Webby, I had no idea he was Mike Harris. But that's only because the bastard has owed me $10 for the last 8 years and he didn't want me to connect the dots.

3. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

If VCU's basketball team goes to Crocs, I stop claiming them as the almost-alma mater

4. John

John Well-Known Member

5. Let me be the first to say congrats, Moddy.

Wait, what?

6. Cadet

Cadet Guest

Congrats! Yes, this is a loss for newspapers. My former roommate is an alum of the VCU grad program and speaks very highly of it. Enjoy the change!

7. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

Great move for a great guy. Best of luck to you, Mods.

(And don't skip out on future SJ outings just because you're out of the fishwrapper business ... ;))

8. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Many thanks for the countless PMs and e-mails. I'm most appreciative - and please be patient. I'll get back with all of you.
    To answer a couple of the questions:

*SF, I'll be assistant AD for communications. I'll oversee the sports information office - VCU has come a long, long, long way since I was there. The growth has been impressive. The AD there, Norwood Teague, wants to get this department caught up with the growth. I can help. Norwood is a very impressive young guy, I like the way he thinks. In short, yes, I'm going to the dark side. And looking forward to it.

*Meat, you didn't hear? Crocs are now the official shoes. I'll save you a pair.

*No truth to the rumor that the students will all carry man purses. But it ain't a bad idea.

Thanks. This has been an interesting happy/sad kind of day.

9. FreddiePatek

FreddiePatek Active Member

It's taken me exactly five years to finally make my 500th post and it happens to be today of all days.

Best of luck at VCU Moddy/Mike. Keep the fires burning.

By the way, is this one of the "big" moves coming down the line? It would certainly qualify. ;D

10. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Let me add to the chorus of congratulations.

11. lono

lono Active Member

Moddy/Mike:

Many congratulations and good luck. Don't be a stranger, ya' hear?

12. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

Is it sweeps month on SportsJournalists.com? What a bombshell. Good luck to you, Moddy.

Draft saved Draft deleted