1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I'm on a boat mother!@#$%& (ACAPELLA VERSION ADDED)

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by mustangj17, Feb 15, 2009.

1. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

Re: I'm on a boat mother!@#$%&

I already told my friends we are playing this song every time we go on the 1982 Fun Deck pontoon this summer.

2. cougargirl

cougargirl Active Member

Definitely funny. Andy Samberg knows how to nail video satire.

3. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

First, there's no way to say this isn't a complete ripoff of Boats and Hoes.

That being said, I agree that it's a better song. It's a much better beat and it's catchy (Loved T-Pain echoing "motherfucker") but the whole scene in Step Brothers with Boats and Hoes was hysterical. This is just funny because it's lame.

But to each his own. I'll likely be caught saying "I'm on a boat motherf**ker!" because it is wacky but my vote goes to Boats and Hoes.

4. zebracoy

zebracoy Guest

The best part of the video was definitely Samberg picking T-Pain as the third person.

I found it hilarious.

"Poseidon ... look at me!"

5. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

My favorite parts of the video were just T-Pain doing T-Pain things.

"Shawty..."

6. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

http://music.todaysbigthing.com/2009/06/12

7. Diabeetus

Diabeetus Active Member

Either they need better recording equipment or a lot more time rehearsing...

8. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

I thought it was really good.

9. StormSurge

StormSurge Active Member

"This boat engine makes noise motherf**ker!"

10. Diabeetus

Diabeetus Active Member

Listened again...they need more rehearsal. They're not together at all, and the balance is off.

11. greenlantern

greenlantern Guest

Bert and Ernie get in on the action.

12. Some Guy

Some Guy Active Member

Unlike your analysis of Boats and Hoes further down this thread and your absolutely insane hatred of John C. Reilly, who has been fucking great since his days as Dirk Diggler's friend in Boogey Nights, I'm going to have to agree with you here.

On A Boat has always been funny. I've just never been able to articulate why. Nice job.

In many ways, it's funny for the same reasons "Lazy Sunday" was funny. It features whiteboy dorks rapping like they're bad asses about something that isn't all that badass.

Draft saved Draft deleted