1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I'm not gay, I just sodomize other boys (Wrestling story in NY Times)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Stitch, Dec 19, 2010.

1. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

Kid and loser mom in Fresno think it's OK for the kid to stick his finger up another kid's anus as part of "wrestling" move.

Victim said the defendant is a bully, which isn't a surprise.

Oh, and the victim "cost" the defendant a scholarship.

Off-topic, but Wwhy do wrestlers who pick on other kids and call them gay seem to be the gayest according to their actions?

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/12/19/us/19wrestler.html?_r=1&ref=sports

(Check out the mom's hairstyle. I think she's 20 years too old to pull off that look.)

2. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Here's the original Fresno Bee story. Good work by a couple of good reporters:

http://www.fresnobee.com/2010/12/05/2185736/was-clovis-wrestlers-legal-move.html

3. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

Let the jury decide.

4. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Of course, the NYT gets the obligatory quote from the female wrestler:

Ms. Tudor, her parents, and any girls taking part in wrestling, YOU WOULD THINK, would have a fairly strong incentive to see to it this type of thing is rather firmly dealt with.

Because if it becomes simply accepted wisdom that "aw well these things happen," their matches (and practices) are likely to be very very interesting from now on.

5. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

I read the Times story earlier. Was unsure what the hell a "but drag" entailed.

The Fresno story gets into the nitty gritty. I'm not sure how the Times should have played it, but without a better description, the piece was incomplete.

6. BYH

BYH Active Member

Shit. Back in my day the latently gay wrestlers only taped kids' butt cheeks together.

7. YankeeFan

I'll tell you what, this "party" sounds as inappropriate as anything else mentioned in the article:

8. YankeeFan

Doesn't understand the problem:

[​IMG]

9. BYH

BYH Active Member

He wears the standard wrestling uniform.

10. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Marge Simpson would like a word with her.

11. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Between this and the whole "getting herpes from the mat" thing, there can't be a dumber sport than wrestling.

12. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

I read the stories in the same order and totally agree. If you can't use "anus", you gotta pass on the story.

Draft saved Draft deleted