1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

I'm no longer a virgin!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Bubbler, Jul 1, 2009.

1. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

I popped my furlough cherry today! Yay! Today is the first unpaid day of the rest of my life! Or at least, the first of five this quarter!

It's opening up whole new horizons of boredom and belt-tightening! At work, while some would prefer to look at it as us being woefully short-handed, I look at it as some sort of Survivor-like physical challenge!

How long can we go and how crappy will the section get with several one-man days on the horizon? What breaking news is going to get missed because our manpower is akin to the population of Spandau Prison circa 1984? (Nothing reaches SJ like a Rudolph Hess reference, no?)

We're also a man down anyway because of an prolonged illness for one of our staffers who, of course, we were not able to temporarily replace!

It's a furlough fun day! I'm going to have a happy furlough parade and throw around furlough confetti and skip to my furlough loo while drinking copious amounts of furlough beer!

Fuck.

2. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Well, the topic line got my attention.

3. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Brewers have a day game on your furlough day.

So you got that goin' for you, which is nice.

4. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Hey, look at the bright side. At least you're not getting paid for not working. It's better than not getting paid for working!

5. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

What time's the parade?

6. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

I heard Ramen is a tasty lunch.

7. MCbamr

MCbamr Member

When the furloughs were first announced, there was a part of me (the single, no kids, no mortage part of me) that saw it as a few days off. After 10 unpaid days, those credit card bills (and rent, and Car insurance and cell phone bill) are making me think otherwise. One day out of a check is a bigger hit than I realized.

8. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

Did it hurt?

9. Mystery Meat II

Mystery Meat II Well-Known Member

The furlough says you did okay for your first time, but ...

10. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

Ten fucking days?

My God, please tell me you are done for this year. That is a big hit no matter how you look at it.

11. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

Im just glad this thread does not involve Jay Farrar

12. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

nice...

Draft saved Draft deleted